During pregnancy, a lot of medical examinations are done to determine the health of the fetus and the mother. When you get pregnant, the doctor may ask you to have various blood tests and urine tests to understand the condition of your body, hormone, and other elements. The health of your baby depends on you, and hence it is important to go for a regular checkup and tests to ensure that everything is under control. Pregnancy Ultrasound is one such test that every mother should go through before the delivery to determine the good health and proper growth of her baby inside the uterus.
What Is Pregnancy Ultrasound
An ultrasound which is known as sonogram is a process to monitor fetal development and at the same time to screen if there are any abnormalities in the fetus.
Some Vital Points
Nevertheless, there are some vital points that you must know before you go for this test during your pregnancy.
• If there is no reason or need, then the medical professionals always suggest that you should not go through this test during pregnancy.
• You have to go to the best clinic for this test during pregnancy so that you can get an accurate report on time. Since it is the question of your unborn body; hence you should not take any chance.
• To obtain the best result you must consume two or three glass of water just before the test and try to avoid urinating. This can make your abdomen look bigger and clearer than the normal time during the test, and the images come clearer.
Why You Should Have Pregnancy Ultrasound
There can be diverse reasons for having an ultrasound during pregnancy. Generally, there are two ultrasounds done during pregnancy tenure. However, if your doctor feels then he can advise some more ultrasounds. It is mainly done to see how the fetus is doing inside your womb. The doctor needs to monitor the growth of the fetus at a regular interval and determine if there is any medical attention required by the fetus for normal development.
The ultrasound is also done to understand if there are any difficulties or abnormalities in the abdomen or uterus of the mother that can affect the baby.
When This Test Should Be Done
Pregnancy Ultrasound should be done twice or in some special cases thrice to determine the development of the baby inside the mother.
The first ultrasound should be done during the first trimester, which is from week one to week 12. This is to:
• Confirm pregnancy
• Check the heartbeat of the fetus
• Look for any kind of fetal abnormalities
• Diagnose ectopic pregnancy
• Check for multiple pregnancy
• Determine the gestational age of the fetus
• Calculate the EDD or estimated due date
The second ultrasound is done during the second or the third trimester of pregnancy to
• Monitor the normal growth of the fetus
• Confirm the presence of multiple fetuses inside the uterus
• Determine the congenital abnormalities in the fetus
• View the placenta to see if there is any issue
There are a lot of other things that can be confirmed, checked and determined because of this test. To get the information about the diagnostic centers around your locality, log on to www.3hcare.in and you can book your ultrasound online with facility to pay online or pay at center.