Pain in the chest is one of the most important symptoms of a number of diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Chest pains can be caused by pathology not only of the heart, but also of other organs and tissues of the chest, and also caused by diseases of the abdominal organs.
Timely differential diagnosis of chest pain requires a doctor with sufficient theoretical knowledge and knowledge of the methods for examining patients at the CT scan centre. Chest pain may appear in a previously healthy person for the first time in their life.
In other cases, the patient develops pains of a different nature than before, and this may be due to the progression of an existing disease or the appearance of its complications.
The most important characteristics for differential diagnosis of chest pain: factors that provoke pain, localization of pain, duration, depth, circumstances of pain relief, as well as some other specific features of the pain syndrome. You should first know the chest CT scan cost in Delhi, before going to have a CT scan.
When collecting an anamnesis, it is necessary to determine the dependence of the occurrence of pain on various circumstances and situations in which the pain begins to bother the patient or intensifies.
- With an attack of angina pectoris, pain often occurs during exercise.
- Pain characteristic of pericarditis occurs with a change in body position and deep breathing.
- For pleural pain with pneumonia, pneumothorax, pleurisy, a connection with breathing is also characteristic.
- With peptic ulcer and esophageal reflux, the relationship of pain with food intake (on an empty stomach), time of day (at night), and body position (lying) is important.
- With esophagospasm, chest pain often occurs during exercise or after a cold drink, but can also be spontaneous.
- Pain in vertebral hernias is often aggravated by movement of the head and neck and palpation, which is also characteristic of musculoskeletal pain.
The sternal pain localization characteristic of IHD is also observed in diseases of the esophagus, in case of hyperventilation, and pulmonary hypertension. Against the background of the pathology of the gastrointestinal tract, pains are often localized in the lower part of the sternum and in the epigastrium. Pain with stratified aortic aneurysm often radiates to the back or lumbar region.
The basic principles of medical tactics for acute chest pain
- With any nature of the pain syndrome, an electrocardiographic study is performed to exclude the most formidable pathology - acute myocardial infarction.
- Patients who are in doubt about the diagnosis, aged over 40 - 50 years old with intense pain in the chest (even atypical nature of angina pectoris), before the diagnosis is clarified, it is advisable to be hospitalized,
In all cases, it is necessary to strive for the maximum removal of the pain syndrome. Naturally, the relief of pain is carried out taking into account its pathogenesis and should be only part of the complex therapy of a known or suspected underlying disease.