MRI scans has been gaining a lot of attention and one might have come across the term pretty often even if they have not undergone the same in person. In case you aren't sure what it is, MRI stands for magnetic resonance imaging. This technique is best defined as a method of imaging that uses a magnetic field and radio waves to produce detailed images of your body's internal organs and tissues. An MRI machine can also produce three-dimensional images that may be viewed from several different angles.
Like all the other units, there is a unit for measuring the magnetic field emitted in the 3t MRI scan. It is known as a Tesla (T). By and large, the MRI scanners operate at strength of 1.5 Tesla. However, the 3 Tesla MRI, differs in the operational features as it operates at twice the normal strength. This provides a greater signal-to-noise ratio, which is a major determinant in generating the highest quality image. The strength of a 3 Tesla MRI yields myriad benefits for radiologists and their patients. Listed below are just a few.
Advantages of Using a 3T MRI Scanner
- It is extremely efficient, leading to shorter examination times.
- It provides a more pleasant patient experience, since the shorter size of the magnet bore relieves the sense of confinement patients associate with most MRI scanners.
- It is due to the higher image resolution of the 3T MRI scan that they are able to produce more detailed images, which are beneficial when diagnosing pathological conditions involving the brain, spine, and musculoskeletal system. The resolution and clarity also allow radiologists to identify smaller lesions and anatomical structures that cannot be seen with less powerful machines.
- It allows for more sophisticated imaging procedures with more accurate diagnosis.
- It lowers the risk of distorted images, thus eliminating the need for repeated scans.
Because the 3 Tesla MRI scanners is so reliable, physicians, radiology experts, and the rest of the health care team are able to provide you with a quicker diagnosis and more accurate treatment, which improves your chances of seeing a positive outcome. We offer 3T MRI scans at our diagnostic imaging centers. There is also a MRI anesthesia wherein the claustrophobic and high-aucity patients are made to go mild sedation so the scan can get underway effectively.
Cost of 3t MRI scan
It is clear that the 3t MRI scan is the most powerful of all the scans due to the fact they have the ability to produce vivid images of the area scanned. There are variations in the types of scan, let's say the brain. Hence the cost of 3t brain mri is likely to differ. For instance the cost of MRI 3t orbit is INR 11400 whereas the cost of MRI 3T breast is INR 9500.
If you are on the lookout for the trusted portal to get the estimated cost for pathological tests like MRI 3T scan, you may log in to www.3hcare.in and plan your tests accordingly.