What is an Ultrasound scan?
Type of Test
– Radiology Test, no ionizing radiations and hence safe for pregnancy scans Ultrasound or ultra sonogram USG scan is performed to create live images of organs and structures inside the body. Ultrasound test uses sound waves hence there are no radiations and test is thought to be very safe. It is preferred method for viewing fetal development during pregnancy in various phases of pregnancy such as 5 weeks pregnancy, 19 weeks pregnancy, 30, 31 weeks pregnancy, 6 months pregnancy.
What ultrasound can diagnose?
An ultrasound can create view of kidney, spleen, bladder, uterus, blood vessels, testicles, ovaries, pancreas etc. Whole abdomen ultrasound and pregnancy
ultrasounds are most common ultrasound tests. Symptoms -
Used to study –
- Abdominal and pelvic organs
- Muscles and Tendons
- Heart and Blood Vessels
- Growth of developing fetus
- Patient lies on a table with a section exposed for test
- Lubricating gel is applied to the exposed area to avoid friction
- The transducer sends high frequency sound waves through the exposed part. Lubricant helps transmit sound waves.
- Pictures are generated and then they can be interpreted by the doctor.
Preparations vary depending on which part is to be diagnosed.
For ultrasound of tummy, you may be asked to eat low fiber diet for a day before going for scan.
Several hours of fasting may be required for ultrasound of abdomen. You may also be asked to clear your bowel before going for scan.
In case of pregnancy, fluid intake is recommended to have a full bladder before going for ultrasound scan. Test Duration :
30 to 45 minutes Expected Time of Receipt of Report
– Same day Results
– Images of the organ that is to be examined
Looking for an ultrasound scan in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, NCR? Book online at 3H Care.