What is a thyroid test?
Type of Test
– Blood Test
Thyroid blood tests are done in order to examine the problems in thyroid gland. A series of tests TSH, T3, T4, T3RU is performed for this. There are two types of conditions – Hypothyroidism and Hyperthyroidism.
Symptoms are weight gain, depression, lack of energy. Reason is lack of triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4)
Symptoms are weight loss, anxiety, tremors etc. Reason is high level of T3 and T4
Why a thyroid test is performed?
Thyroid test is used to examine the working of thyroid gland and to know the levels of T3, T4, T4 etc in the body. Symptoms -
- Weight gain or loss
- Brain fog
- Cracking skin or excessive hair loss, snoring and more ..
- Lab technician draws blood from a vein
- Cleans the surface of skin with antiseptic and then applies a band on that area
Usually thyroid test does not need any preparation but if you are on medication or in case of pregnancy, go as per doctor’s recommendations Test Duration :
– Best results when serum test is done 2 to 4 hrs after giving an oral dose. Expected Time of Receipt of Report
Usually same day for early next day Results
– Results of a thyroid test report shows rise or fall in the levels of TSH, T3 and T4. Results show symptoms of hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism.
Normal Thyroid Levels
Preventive And Curative Measures –
- 8 to 10 hrs of sound sleep at night
- Avoid chloride, bromide and fluoride intake in any form
- Work on improving digestive system
- High quality multivitamin with iodine and zinc intake
- Looking for thyroid test done in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon or anywhere in NCR. Book your test online at 3H Care portal and get your sample collected from home by top labs at discounted price.