What is a liver/kidney function test?Type of Test
– Blood Test
Liver and kidney function tests, renal tests are used to examine if liver and kidney are functioning properly. Liver function test measures the level of enzymes present in liver cells. Elevated levels of these enzymes in blood stream show that liver is not functioning properly.
What does lft/kft diagnose?
Kidney function test measures level of blood urea nitrogen BUN and creatinine in blood stream. KFT/LFT tests also check overall health of kidney/liver. Liver/kidney cancer or failure can be diagnosed using these blood tests. Symptoms -
- Pale yellow eyes and skin (signs of jaundice)
- Abdominal Pain and swelling
- Loss of appetite
- Dark urine color
- Shortness of breath, dizziness,
- Swelling in hands and feet
- Lab technician draws blood from a vein
- After drawing the blood, he cleans the surface of skin with antiseptic and applies a bandage for safety
There are no such preparations for liver test. For accurate results doctor may recommend 6 – 8 hrs fasting.
Doctor may recommend some special preparations if you are on medication
Avoid excessive physical exercise before urine sample collection. Test Duration
5 to 10 minutes Expected Time of Receipt of Report
– Same day or early next day Results
– Levels of ALT, AST, bilirubin, LT, PT, creatinine, BUN etc
Doctor uses these details for further examination and medication
Looking for a liver or kidney function test in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon NCR? Book online at 3H Care.