What is CT scan or computed tomography?Test Type
– Radiology Scan
CT scan or computed tomography uses computers and x rays to create pictures of pieces of body organs through computerized radiations. It creates very clear cross sectional views of internal organs. Sometimes a contrast material called dye is also used to generate clearer images. This dye can be injected in the organ that is to be diagnosed or it can be given to drink.
Why is CT scan used?
CT scan is used for diagnosing head or any other part of body. It gives clear picture of bones and soft tissues. Most commonly CT scan Is used to scan brain, tumors, abnormal blood vessels, before surgery to get clear picture of that part. It also helps doctors to carry out biopsies.
Common ct scans are cect scan whole abdomen, eeg test, ct scan pns, pet ct scan. Symptoms
- Head Injuries
- Brain Tumors
- Severe Headaches
- Internal Bleeding and strokes And more ….
- Patient is asked to lie down on a table
- This table is attached to a large doughnut shaped machine
- CT scan machine sends x rays through the body part that is to be diagnosed
- Several rotations are conducted and each rotation produces picture of thin slice of organ.
- Remove all metal objects from your body and make sure that there is no metal object in scan room also.
- Remove all electronic objects
- Inform your doctor in case if you have any surgeries prior to going in the scan room
- Do not eat or drink for few hours before going for CT scan
- Pregnant women should avoid CT scan
- Consult your doctor before going for ct scan if you are on some medication
Types of CT scan
Conventional CT scan and spiral or helical ct scan Test Duration
– Usually takes 20 minutes to 60 minutes. Test takes only a few minutes but preparations and image quality assessment takes most of the time. Expected Time for Receipt of Test Report
– . within couple of hours of scan or same day
. Cost of ct scan can differ based on the organ for which it is to be done and also on the type of ct scan ie conventional, pet ct or spiral ct scan.
. Get best price for CT scan anywhere in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, NCR at 3H Care