What is a cbc test?
– Blood Test
Human body has two types of cells - stationary cells (WBC) and circulating cells (RBC). Stationary cells form bones, organs; muscles etc while circulating cells circulate with blood through all parts of body and provide oxygen to stationary cells. It helps in preventing diseases, infections, injuries etc. Therefore complete blood count can provide very vital info about overall health. Other common tests related to cbc blood test are cbc esr blood test and sgpt blood test.
What does a CBC test measure?
- Red blood cells (RBC) and white blood cells (WBC) count - RBCs carry oxygen while WBCs fight infection
- Early diagnosis of any health condition
- Hemoglobin levels in the body
- Blood platelet count which helps blood clotting
- Finding out if an on-going medication is working well
Used for symptoms such as
- Fatigue, Weakness, Fever, Weight Loss
- Various other disorders
- Lab technician draws blood from a vein
- Cleans the surface of skin with an antiseptic band and places a band on that area.
No such preparations are needed. A few hours of fasting may be needed. Doctor may recommend some preparations based on health conditions. Test Duration
– 5 to 10 mins Expected Time for Receipt of Report
- Next day Results
Results of a CBC test report shows levels of hemoglobin, red blood cells, hematocrit, anemia, platelet count and other symptoms of other disorders like infection, developing cancer
CBC Normal Levels
Normal RBC Count - Men 4.7 to 6.1 million cells/ul, Women 4.2 to 5.4 million cells/ul
Normal WBC Count - 4500 to 10000 per microliter
Haematocrit Count - Men 40.7 to 50.3%, Women - 36.1 to 44.3%
Hemoglobin: Men - 13.8 to 17.2 gm./dL, Women - 12.1 to 15.1 gm/dL
Platelet count: 150,000 to 450,000/dL
MCV: 80 to 100 femtoliter
MCH: 27 to 31 pg/cell MCHC: 32 to 36 gm/dL
Looking for CBC blood test done in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon or NCR? Book your test online in trusted labs in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon or anywhere in NCR at 3H Care portal. Home sample collection facility available.