What is a MRI Scan?
There are almost 200 types of MRI scans that are available in diagnostic labs in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon and NCR, depending on what part of body is to be diagnosed and how detailed report is needed. Cost of MRI test may vary based on what type of MRI scan 3 Tesla or 1.5 Tesla (plain or contrast) you are looking for and for which part of body. Cost may also vary from one diagnostic centre to other based on location and other factors.
We can help your minimize the cost of your MRI scan by giving you multiple options in your locality or in nearby location. You can select one that suits you most.
Choose from the labs in Delhi, Noida, Gurgaon, Faridabad and Ghaziabad. Some of our verified labs offer FREE AMBULANCE service throughout Delhi and NCR
Preparations For A MRI Scan
Based on what type of MRI scan doctor has recommended to you, preparations may also vary. You should consult your doctor and lab technician before going for test. But there are some basic preparations that you must be aware about.
(1) Since MRI or magnetic resonance imaging involves high intensity magnetic field while creating an image, do not take any metallic objects with you in the MRI room
(2) Patients with any type of metallic implants should avoid MRI scan
(3) Avoid any electronic devices such as cell phone or tablet
(4) Be ready to fill the MRI screening form that you will be asked to before going for scan
(5) Your doctor should be aware of your diabetes history
(6) Your doctor should be aware of your kidney problems
There are two ways MRI can be done
Closed MRI is done in a closed machine. It is the traditional method for a MRI scan
Open MRI or Standing MRI
Open or standing MRI is used for patients that are afraid of getting into the machine, are overweight, there can be there can be other physical and medical conditions also.
Types Of MRI
Generally a plain MRI is recommended because it can diagnose most of the diseases in any part of body. For a more detailed eaxmination contrast MRI or 3T contrasst MR is needed.
MRI contrast is advised in special cases where more detailed image of body part is needed. Cost of contrast MRI is higher than plain MRI.
1.5 Tesla MRI or 3 Tesla MRI
Tesla MRI is double the strength of 1.5 Tesla MRI. Go as per your doctor’s recommendation
Give us a call at our Toll Free Number 1800 110045 OR book online at 3H Care best offer price for MRI scan.