Ultrasound of the urinary system and the adrenal gland is indispensable in the diagnosis of pathological processes, formations, and tumours in the study area.
Ultrasound of the urinary system involves an examination of all organs. Such a diagnosis is prescribed by a urologist, the procedure is carried out by the transabdominal method, which does not pose a threat to health. Ultrasound of the bladder and other organs is considered the most informative method for the diagnosis of various diseases, including stones, cysts, and neoplasms.
Since the procedure is not harmful, it can be prescribed as many times as necessary to monitor the dynamics of therapy. Before having an ultrasound, it is recommended to first know the ultrasound price in Delhi.
Ultrasound of the kidneys, ureters, and bladder should be performed in the following situations:
- Diagnosis of defects and options for the development and location of these organs;
- Diagnosis of acute and chronic pathology of the urinary system;
- Monitoring the dynamics of the disease and evaluating the effectiveness of its treatment;
- Identification of tumor-like and other volumetric formations of these organs;
- Assessment of the architectonics and intensity of the vascular pattern of the kidneys;
- Assessment of blood supply to volume formations;
- Study of perinephric fiber;
- Determination of accumulations of pathological fluid in the area of localization of the kidneys;
- Control before and during the puncture of the kidneys and tumor formations in the study area;
- Determination of calculi (stones) in the kidneys, bladder, and ureters;
- To diagnose the causes of dysuric (violation of urination) phenomena;
- Assessment of the volume of residual urine;
- Routine inspection (if desired);
- Dispensary observation for diseases of the urinary system;
- Urinary tract injury.
WHAT DISEASES ARE DIAGNOSED IN THE STUDY
An ultrasound of the urinary system helps to identify the following diseases:
- Urolithiasis disease;
- Tumors of the kidneys and cysts;
- Kidney carbuncle;
- Bladder diverticulum;
- Omission and atypical position of the kidneys, etc.
Ultrasound of the adrenal gland helps to identify tumors and other volumetric processes in them.
Ultrasound of the kidneys, adrenal glands, and ureters is best done on an empty stomach (the last meal should be 6 to 8 hours before the study). Before the study, it is necessary to empty the bladder. In some cases, the doctor, on the contrary, recommends a water load, that is, an ultrasound with a full bladder is performed.
Overweight patients should be prepared for an ultrasound of the urinary system in 2 to 3 days. To reduce gas production, it is recommended to follow a diet (exclude brown bread, dairy products, cabbage and legumes, cereals and jelly) and taking medications that reduce gas formation (espumisan, activated charcoal).
The study of the bladder is carried out only when it is full. For the filling, you need to drink about 1 liter of liquid 1 hour before the study and do not urinate. In the presence of emergency indications, the study of the kidneys, adrenal glands and ureters is carried out without preparation. You can know the ultrasound lower abdomen cost by visiting the best clinic of ultrasound.