To detect the presence of cancer cells in the body, there are several modern methods of examination. One of them is computed tomography. With the help of this instrumental study, it is possible not only to identify oncology, but also to find its individual foci (metastases), as well as other pathological processes.
Metastases quickly spread throughout the body, affecting various parts of it. With the help of CT, one can detect both volumetric neoplasms and the smallest cancers. What is good about this study is that the image transmitted by the tomograph will allow you to examine any type of tissue - from soft to bone.
Why is it important to use computed tomography to diagnose cancer? Because the device will show the formation of any size - up to several millimeters. Thanks to such a detailed diagnosis, the oncologist has a unique opportunity to clarify the diagnosis and prescribe the right treatment. The CT scan price in Delhi varies according to the type of CT scan that is to be conducted.
The effectiveness of computed tomography has been proven in the study of such systems and organs as:
- Lungs, bronchi;
- Pelvic organs;
- Spine and other parts of the skeleton;
- Blood vessels;
- Skin integument, subcutaneous tissue;
- Abdominal organs;
- Lymph nodes.
When is computed tomography prescribed?
The CT method is effective in examining most organs and systems of the human body. Indications for examination are many pathological changes. So, it is necessary to carry out:
Brain tomography under the assumption of hemorrhagic stroke, vascular pathologies, neoplasms in the brain and meninges, hematomas (with the specification of their location). If the patient has a history of malformation or vascular aneurysm, CT scan is necessary. Before undergoing a CT scan, it is good to know the CT scan cost in south Delhi first.
- CT of the head (cranial box) - in case of severe contusion, developmental abnormality, skull fracture, suspected cyst and other formation. The picture will allow the doctor to assess the patient’s condition and help to decide on the need for surgical intervention.
- Computed tomography of the larynx, nose - if there is concern about the presence of a tumor, chronic sinusitis, and inflammation of the lacrimal flows.
- Tomography of the lungs - to determine the presence of focal and pathological neoplasms, pneumonia, emphysema, etc.
- CT of the chest - with suspected pathology in the organs located in the chest cavity: pleura, lungs, bronchi, esophagus, heart, lymph nodes.
- Computed tomography of the spine - in difficult cases, to clarify the diagnosis. Indications for CT - scoliosis, trauma, osteoporosis, leg pain, intervertebral hernia, damage to the vertebrae and discs, osteochondrosis.
- Tomography of the abdominal cavity - to determine the presence of cysts and their size, pancreatitis, blood clots, inflammation, appendicitis, fluid accumulation, pathological changes. This examination is indispensable for suspected neoplasms.
- CT of the joints (shoulder, hip, knee) - to determine the cause of pain in the joint during movement, the accumulation of fluid in it. Such a study is carried out when the patient is suspected of developing arthrosis, arthritis, as well as to determine the degree of pathological changes in the joints.
- Computer tomography of the genitourinary system - with suspected cancer in the bladder, kidneys.
- CT of the intestine - to establish the cause of the problems in this organ.