Ultrasound examination is a type of examination, which is carried out on a particular apparatus - a sonograph, which radiates high-frequency waves. This analysis allows determining the presence of pathologies of various organs.
Since ultrasound is one of the safest types of research, it can be used to examine pregnant women. In the period of gestation, up to 5 planned ultrasound examinations can be performed at various times, measured in weeks:
- At 5-7 week: allows you to diagnose the presence of pregnancy
- At 11–13: the development of the fetus, the presence or absence of pathologies, the state of the placenta is assessed
- At 19-21: the size of the fetus, the development of its heart, the presence of amniotic fluid in the placenta, and the sex of the baby are determined
- 32–34: important here are the parameters such as the degree of umbilical cord development, weight, and size of the fetus, commensurability of the size of the birth canal and the head of the baby
Before childbirth (during the first contractions or at the time of discharge of amniotic fluid): with such an ultrasound, the probability of complications during childbirth is determined.
Doppler ultrasound cost allows us to consider the structure of the circulatory system of the fetus and the presence of pathologies in it, as well as blood flow velocity and impaired functioning of the placenta. The vessels are displayed on the ultrasound results in different colors. This analysis is recommended to apply on the 12th or 20th week of carrying a child.
4D ultrasound of the fetal organs shows a spatial image in real time. So you can see and evaluate the correctness of the internal organs of the fetus. If a pregnant woman has lower abdominal pain or bleeding, the doctor may prescribe an unscheduled ultrasound scan to prevent complications.
Interpretation of ultrasound of the fetus
To interpret the results of the ultrasound, special tables of values are used, since the parameters of the fetus at different stages of its development differ.
The main criteria are:
The quality of the development of the placenta:
- How is it attached?
- The general state of development
- Amniotic fluid volume
- The size of the unborn child
Ultrasound test price in Noida allows identifying such pathologies in the development of the fetus, such as:
- Down syndrome - this disease occurs due to the presence of an extra chromosome in the genome, which causes developmental delays and other disruptions in the functioning of the body.
- Anencephaly- characterized by a complete or partial absence of the cerebral hemispheres and skull bones
- Heart disease - a congenital disability of the myocardial wall, as well as large vessels
- Spina bifida (including myelomeningocele and others) - the state of the spine, which is characterized by incomplete closure of the neural tube in the partially unformed spinal cord (spina bifida); with this form of the disease, as myelomeningocele, the brain and nerve roots exit to the outside (hernia of the spinal cord)
- Hydrocephalus - excessive accumulation of cerebrospinal (cerebrospinal) fluid in the cranial cavity
- Contamination (atresia) of the duodenum - characterized by the absence of a lumen in one of the sections of the intestine
It is important to remember that regular passage of prophylactic ultrasounds during pregnancy will help identify possible pathologies and work out effective treatment tactics.