CT scan Cost Delhi depends upon the part and area of the body and numbers of pictures to be taken. Using CT scan you can diagnose many health problems such as:
· Pain in abdomen
· Kidney stones
· Internal Injuries
· Infections, blood clots
· Heart, blood vessels, lungs disorders
· Urinary tract, bladder, kidney, blockages etc
· Bones, joints for ex-wrist, knee, ankle, shoulders etc.
Let’s have a glimpse of some of the most common CT scans.
Mostly CT scan can be performed to detect the injury or disease in the brain. It is also used widely conducted to the abdomen which is known as an abdominal CT scan. A few other CT scans are:
· CT scan of spleen
· CT scan of an adrenal gland
· CT scan of gallbladder and bile duct
· Used to diagnose tumors in the pancreas
· Used to diagnose cysts, inflammatory bowel, lung cancer
· Used to detect bone density, bone disease and spinal disorders
CT scan can successfully diagnose almost every part of your body which is not possible in an ultrasound test that is used to diagnose blood flow and soft body tissues.
Do you know how CT scan diagnoses your body?
Moving X-rays are used in CT scan to examine different parts of your body. The machine produces several images by using x rays by creating a cross-sectional view of slices of body parts such as bones, soft tissues etc. A rotating tube sends X rays into a patient's body during CT scan at CT scan centre. CT scan uses several beams instead of a single beam as in X-ray machine. The moving X-rays create a picture which records on computer. It gives a more concise and detailed view that helps to detect injuries, bleeding and critical illness.
How do you prepare yourself for CT scan test?
It depends on which part of your body is going to be scanned at CT scan centre. Different preparations are needed for different organs.
· You may be asked to take off your clothes or wear a medical gown provided by test lab if you are required to go for chest CT scan or abdominal CT scan.
· You are requested to remove all kind of metals wearing on your body like the watch, jewelry, electronic devices and eyeglasses to prevent interface with x-rays.
· You may be directed to make some special preparation if you are going through some medication.
· Breastfeeding women ask to avoid breastfeeding for a day after CT scan and if possible try to avoid CT scan.
· In a few cases, a dye is injected into your body to get contrast image of body parts.
Do you know how many types of CT scans are available at CT scan centre?
Various CT scans are available at CT scan centers like:
- PET CT Scan: Known as positron emission tomography used in the treatment of cancer disease.
- Spiral or Helical CT Scan: It is the most advanced CT scan used to develop 3D images instead of 2D images.
- HRCT (High-Resolution CT Scan): It is used to diagnose inflammation in the lungs.
- CECT (Contrast Enhanced Computed Tomography): It is used to produce brighter images of an abdominal scan.
CT scan cost depends on the type of scan prescribed by your doctor. CT scan is the most preferred and advanced technology to detect and diagnose critical diseases.